Thursday, October 7, 2010

Assignment 3(0)


I'm not sure I really followed the rules for this assignment, but my image is more about the concept of the passage of time, and how quickly or how slowly it seems to move. It seems like the older I get, the faster time goes. One minute, I'll be complaining about the start of another week or about a class that seems like it's going on forever, and before I know it, the week...the month... the semester is over.

As I approach graduation in May, I am still struggling to grasp how I arrived at this point so quickly. As hard as I might try to slow things down, to enjoy the time I have left, it seems it is to no avail. I'm halfway through the Fall semester already. Should I be looking for jobs now? Is it too late? Too early? I feel caught between wanting to take the time to reminisce about the past and enjoy my present, but I'm constantly feeling the pressure to look ahead to the future.

When I reflect on how fast my last four years seem to have gone, it is interesting to look back on my memories over this period of time. High school seems so long ago, yet it seems like just yesterday I was wandering around the MSU campus for the first time, map and class schedule clutched firmly in hand. Some things I remember clearly, while some memories, though from the same time, are rather hazy.

This was completely unintentional... I just realized that the calendar is from the Alzheimer's Association. My parents got it in the mail for free... probably for donating, though we haven't had too much of a connection to Alzheimer's in our family. I took it to college because I wanted a calendar. 

Now that I think about it, bringing Alzheimer's into the picture adds and interesting spin to the passage of time, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment