Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Assignment 4(0) Recreate Popular Media


Tanning. People will go to many lengths to have that golden glow. It is one standard by which society and media gauge beauty and health.

I've never been a fan of this fad. Not only have I witnessed my grandpa have potentially cancerous sun spots burned off of the top of his head with liquid nitrogen, but frankly my skin has never been able to handle all that much sun exposure anyway. I'm not especially allergic or albino, but I've just got the skin that comes with naturally blonde-haired, blue-eyed persons. Therefore, you won't ever find me at the beach looking much like the woman shown in the ad above (for more than one reason). I generally look something like the photos below it, though I have slightly exaggerated my appearance. I take a lot of care to prevent sunburn, meaning hats, sunglasses and several applications of a relatively high SPF sunscreen. It sounds pretty lame, but I don't care. Hey, at one time it was cool to be pale.


No comments:

Post a Comment